Global Travel Professional® (GTP)
Approved Provider Program
The GTP® Approved Provider Program allows organizations that offer business travel related educational sessions the opportunity to award recertification credits to GTP certification holders.
The program is designed to enhance the ongoing professional development of GTP credential holders by offering quality learning experiences related to the field of business travel management.
There are two steps in the Approved Provider Program:
- Qualify as an Approved Provider
- Submit content for review
GTP Approved Providers:
- Have permission to publicize their organization as a GTP Approved Provider.
- Receive an approved provider seal for use in marketing and onsite materials as well as on attendee certificates of completion.
- Will be listed as a GTP Approved Provider on the GTP Certification page.
- Will be permitted to link to the GTP section of the GBTA website.
GTP Approved Providers must meet the following criteria:
- Organization has been a legal business entity for at least one year.
- Organization has offered business travel management education for at least one year.
- Content is consistent with current GTP Test Content Outline.
Approved Provider Authorization Process
- Applications are processed within 30 days of receipt.
- GBTA will notify applicant of status via email.
- Approved Providers must submit a new application annually before their status expires.
Note: Chapters and Affiliates are automatically considered Approved Providers.
Full list of Chapters and Affiliates
Approved Provider Credit Application (APCA) Submissions
Calculating Recertification Credit Hours:
- One (1) recertification credit hour is awarded for 60 minutes of education.
- Following the 60 minutes, credits will be awarded in 30-minute increments, with each 30 minutes equating to one (1) additional credit.
Time dedicated to non-educational activities, such as exhibit halls, meals, entertainment, and the like does not count toward recertification credits.
Program Approval or Denial
- GBTA will electronically forward the approved sessions, the number of recertification credits, and the GTP Approved Provider seal to accepted applicants.
- The Provider’s approved courses will be listed on GBTA’s website in the Approved Provider Directory.
To learn more about the Approved Provider Program for your organization or chapter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.