GBTA Canada is committed to providing our Direct (Travel Buyer) membership with opportunities to network and grow through engagement with industry peers. As our industry changes at an unprecedented pace, continued interaction with other travel buyers, to share solutions and best practices, has become essential.
In an effort to provide our Direct Members with increased opportunity to network and share knowledge, GBTA Canada is excited to announce the launch of our new Regional Direct Talks.
REGIONAL DIRECT TALKS
The GBTA Canada Regional Direct Talks have been developed as a continuation of the highly successful Buyer-only forums that we have conducted through the various GBTA Canada events of the past 2 years. GBTA Canada has now developed a virtual platform to allow for the continuation of meaningful peer-to-peer buyer dialog in local markets across Canada. This platform will provide a ‘Buyer Voice’ under GBTA Canada to further industry initiatives, objectives and advocacy.
The Direct Talk Buyer Groups are divided into 3 regions across Canada:
- Western Region – British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewa
- Central Region – Manitoba, Ontario
- Eastern Region – Quebec, Atlantic Canada
Direct Members are to select the region that they wish to join. One region per Direct Member. Each Regional Direct Talk Buyer Group will be led by up to 2 Buyer Champions.
- 2 Buyer Champions per region. The role of the Buyer Champions is to be the in-market buyer, who facilitates the quarterly calls, records minutes on each call and feeds back to GBTA Canada.
- Buyer Champions will meet on a regular basis and share topics and discussion points among the group, led by
GBTA Canada’s President of the Advisory Board
Category Manager, Service Delivery
Western Region – British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan
Category Manager, Corporate Procurement
Central Region – Manitoba, Ontario
Travel Program Manager
Eastern Region – Quebec, Atlantic Canada
GTP, GLP, Manager
Global Travel Services, McCain Foods Limited
REGIONAL DIRECT TALKS - VIRTUAL MEETINGS
- Each Region will hold up to 4 virtual meetings / conference calls per year. These meetings will be for a length of 60-90 minutes, and will be exclusive to registered Direct Members to that particular region. Only registered Direct Members to a buyer group may participate in the calls.
- 2017 Regional Direct Talk meeting dates:
BUYER PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
For more information on these groups please contact either:
- Buyers must be active, paid Direct Members of GBTA to register to a Regional Direct Talk
- How to become a GBTA Member – more information