Project ICARUS announces 2015 NORTH AMERICA Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Awards
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: February 27, 2015
Project ICARUS is looking to recognize North American companies and industry professionals who can demonstrate leadership, innovation, creativity and a serious commitment to developing sustainable programs, products or services in any one of the nominated categories.
They must also be unique, ground breaking, transformational or just simply outstanding!
Awards are split into the following four categories:
- Travel Supplier – including air, rail, hotel, ground providers etc..
- Travel Intermediary - including technology partners, TMCs, Card providers, GDSs etc.
- Travel Buyer – business travel and meetings buyers
- Travel Team – meetings and events teams
Entries will be accepted either by direct submission to Bernard Harrop, Head of Sustainability, Project ICARUS firstname.lastname@example.org or by invitation from the GBTA Project ICARUS, North America Sustainability Committee
For more information go to:
ICARUS Sustainability Awards Criteria 2015 NORAM
For more information, and details of how to be considered for one of these prestigious awards please visit the Project ICARUS website or contact Bernard Harrop at: email@example.com
GBTA Europe, Project ICARUS Announces Winners of the
European Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Awards 2014
Award for Outstanding Achievements in furthering business travel
and meetings sustainability programsGBTA and Project ICARUS
are proud to announce the winners of the second European Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Awards.
The awards recognize travel buyers, suppliers, intermediaries and teams who can demonstrate outstanding leadership, innovation and commitment to delivering best in class sustainability programs, products and services across Europe.
“The quality of entries exceeded our expectation, once again, and clearly demonstrates that companies across Europe are seeing sustainable business travel and meetings programs as a sure way to optimize travel costs, and generate a significant return on investment." said Bernard Harrop, head of sustainability Project ICARUS.
The winners in each category were:Travel Buyer:
Travel Supplier, Intermediaries
- SCANIA, Global Meeting and Travel Coordination Team
The winners were presented with their Project ICARUS bronze trophy at the GBTA Confererence 2014, Berlin held on 12-14 November at the Maritim Hotel, Berlin.
For more information contact:Bernard Harrop, Head of Sustainability, Project ICARUS on firstname.lastname@example.org
The winners receiving their awards from Bernard Harrop, Head of Sustainability, Project ICARUS.
From left to right:
Watch this space for news of the upcoming North American Project ICARUS
- Travel Supplier: Steffen H. Seichter, Director of Sales & Marketing at Scandic Hotels
- Travel Team:Asda Ward, Meeting and Travel Manager, Meeting and Travel Coordination Team at SCANIA
- Travel Buyer: Christina Skoglund, Commodity Senior Buyer, Marketing & Travel Group at VOLVO
- Travel Intermediary: Deanna Seiffert, Head of Marketing & Brand Communications at PORTMAN
Outstanding Achievement Awards 2015.
May 2014: Project ICARUS Announces Winners of the North American Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Awards 2014
From left to right:
- Joseph Bates, Vice President, Research, GBTA Foundation
- Joy Lehman, Global Sustainability Manager, The Hertz Corporation
- Mihar Thakkar Director Environmental Responsibility, United Airlines
- Kathy Jackson, Executive Vice President of Global Client Management, BCD Travel
- Mark Papale, Travel Operations and Travel Technology, Autodesk, Inc.
- Bernard Harrop, Head of Sustainability, Project ICARUS, GBTA Foundation
Project ICARUS is proud to announce the winners of the 2nd Annual North American Sustainability Outstanding Achievement Awards which were presented at the GBTA Foundation, Annual Gala Dinner & Silent Auction held on Monday, May 13th 2014 at the Crowne Plaza, Times Square in New York.
The awards recognize travel buyers, suppliers and intermediaries who can demonstrate outstanding leadership, innovation and commitment to delivering best in class sustainability programs, products and services across North America.
“The number of entries again exceeded our expectations and clearly reflects an increase in the number of companies building sustainability into their business travel and meetings programs.
All entries were of a high standard and the judging panel had a tough task in selecting the finalists and winners. All entries would be “worthy winners of an award”, said Bernard Harrop, head of sustainability Project ICARUS.
The winners are:
Travel Supplier: United Airlines
- United Airlines demonstrated a strong commitment from senior management, clear environmental/carbon savings metrics, future targets and comprehensive communications
Travel Intermediary: BCD Travel
- BCD Travel is recognized for their travel survival guide and 'smart' videos which help travelers maintain an effective balance between the 3 P's of sustainability (People, Planet and Profit).
Travel Buyer: Intel
- Intel showed strong commitment to the environment by developing a company guide to being green that embeds a range of activities into the process of planning and managing a meeting or event and the delivery of a substantial ROI.
Travel Team: Autodesk and The Hertz Corporation
- Working together, they increased usage of alternative fuel vehicles, increased overall high MPG vehicle utilization, lowered CO2 emissions, increased usage of Hertz 24/7 EVs and reduced fuel costs.
Congratulations to our Finalists:
- The ‘green supplier initiative’ and the “Travel Smarter” options for business travel have proven to be effective in helping achieve environmental goals and delivered a significant ROI
Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- The 'Green Engage' group wide environmental system enables the management, measurement and reporting of the environmental impact on hotels
- Last year’s winner continues to display a strong ongoing commitment to sustainability in everything they do
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- 'Make a Green Choice' - MAGC - guestroom sustainability environmental impact reduction program makes conserving water, energy and other resources rewarding for customers and great for the environment
September 2013: Project ICARUS Announces winners of the Outstanding Achievement Award Winners for 2013 in Europe and Australia/NewZealand
In the picture from left to right: Bernard Harrop, Head of Sustainability, Project ICARUS; Winner: Travel Supplier Transportation British Airways, Winner: Travel Supplier Intermediaries Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Winner: Travel Supplier: Hotels NH Hoteles, Catherine McGavock, Director, Operations – Europe, GBTA Europe
Australia / New Zealand
James Quinlan, General Manager Marketing & Service Delivery, Sabre Pacific