Daily News Brief – October 14, 2020
WINiT Week Webinar Recap: The Fundamental Shift
As part of this week’s Collaboratory, two members of GBTA’s WINiT Strategic Advisory Board shared their experiences with resilience and how it can be developed through practice.
Lenore D’Anzieri, CTE, a travel industry veteran and founding coach of the Mindful Leadership Project, hosted Beth Kinerk, senior vice president at Avis Budget Group, Inc., and Kristen Shovlin, vice president of Sales Operations and Development for Delta Air Lines. Both executives discussed how resiliency has guided them during fundamental shifts in their lives.
More Helpful Articles/Links
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Dashboard – Updated frequently with new guidance documents and details
- COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Country (CDC)
- CDC Coronavirus Information
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Overview of TSA’s “Stay Healthy. Stay Secure.” Campaign
- “Stay Healthy. Stay Secure” Video
- What to Know Before You Go
- TSA Screening Checkpoint Numbers for 2019 and 2020
- TSA’s COVID-19 Webpage
- Runway to Recovery
GBTA Needs Your Input
Take the GBTA Coronavirus Poll
GBTA continues to monitor the impact of the coronavirus on the industry and assess the pace of recovery. We need your help and ask you complete our brief poll. We greatly appreciate your insights as they are critical to help GBTA track recovery trends. We have added new questions and all poll results are published on GBTA’s website. Please take the three minutes to complete our poll which can be accessed here. We greatly appreciate your perspective!
Research Director, GBTA
GBTA Collaboratory Highlights
Register Now for Tomorrow’s Collaboratory Webinar:
Unconventional Mentoring Coming Your Way
Thursday, October 15 | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
The GBTA Ladders Mentorship program incorporated WINiT this past season. Join us to hear about the impact the program had on WINiT members and how you can join and be the best you can be.
- Emma Wilson, Vice President Global Marketing, Sabre
- Kim Call, Key Accounts Manager Global Corporate Accounts, United Airlines
- Katlynne Dahan, Sales Strategy and Support Lodging, Ground and Sea, Sabre
- Carol Del Giudice, Account Manager, Client Consulting Services, Christopherson Business Travel (Alumni Advisor)
GBTA Collaboratory 2020 Continues Next Week
Join us next week for an all-new theme of Mobility and Transportation. GBTA Collaboratory continues to provide an in-depth outlook on the future of business travel. Next week’s webinars include:
- TSA: Leveraging Technology and Innovation to Stay Healthy. Stay Secure
- Forget Everything You Knew: An Examination of Today’s Global Entry Landscape for Business Travel
- The Realities of a Future Business Trip: A Buyer Discussion
- Raise Your Tray Tables as We Prepare to Land
- What Does Essential Business Travel Look Like During This Pandemic
Registration is now open for our Mobility and Transportation week.
GBTA Collaboratory Speaking Opportunities
GBTA Collaboratory speakers and panelists are made up of business leaders, GBTA committees and volunteers, sponsors, and industry experts. Speaking opportunities are available. If interested, please complete our Speaker Interest Form.
Vice President of Charter Sales
West Palm Beach, FL
The Vice President of Charter Sales has the primary responsibility of revenue generation, sales strategies, and design of Retail and Wholesale sales programs, and all-encompassing services and products. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial mindset and commitment to execution of planned growth strategies.
Trending Industry News
Aviation Industry News
What to Expect When Southwest Airlines Resumes 737 MAX Flights (SIMPLE FLYING)
Hospitality Industry News
STR: U.S. Leads in Hotel Openings During Pandemic (TRAVEL DAILY NEWS)
Wyndham Launches Hybrid Meeting Spaces in Europe (BUSINESS TRAVELLER)
Hyatt Opens First Property in Malta (BUSINESS TRAVELLER)
More Industry News
FCM Launches New AI Reporting Tool (TRAVEL DAILY NEWS)
Sponsor the GBTA Collaboratory 2020
Sponsorship opportunities are available on a weekly basis. Gain brand recognition and show your support! Sponsorships include an opportunity to speak about the week’s topic and having your company’s logo highlighted on the website, within all promotional emails, in thank you emails to webinar registrants, and on social media. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities or email us at email@example.com.
Attend at No Cost
If you aren’t already a GBTA Member become one today and attend all GBTA Collaboratory webinars at no cost!
WorldAware Intelligence Brief
Was this email forwarded to you? Please sign up to receive GBTA emails.
Global Business Travel Association
1101 King Street, Suite 500, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
phone: +1 703 684 0836 | web: gbta.org
Update your GBTA email preferences
Copyright © 2020, All rights reserved.