GBTA Ladders Summit 2018
May 14 – 16, 2018
Bringing together the Members of Ladders for a face to face meeting will:
- Further strengthen the bond between individual teams as well as facilitate connections with other members of the group
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between mentors and mentees
- Create an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas to channel change into productive action
- Collaborate on best practices and standard operating procedures for navigating and leading the travel industry
- GBTA Ladders Mentors, Mentees, Alumni Advisors, and Leadership
- GBTA Ladders Advisory Council
- GBTA representative from headquarters
- Keynote speaker and guests from outside the program
Role of Buyers & Suppliers to Become Marketers, Salespeople, & Engagement Experts
featuring subject matter expert Caroline Strachan, Managing Partner, Festive Road
The future of travel management is to think of the traveler as a consumer and treat them as such. Understand their needs and then market to them, all linked back to the culture and environment the company wants to create for its employees. Not only limited to the buyer community, those in supplier sales and client management roles are just as detached from the marketing messages. Unfortunately, what the marketing team builds versus what the sales people can speak to are generally two different things.
In many ways, each one of us is in sales and service. Travel managers have to sell their programs to travelers and provide service to them. TMCs have to provide solutions and services to help travel managers do this. But, where is this heading? How do you sell more effectively? How does a buyer become a seller? How can you become an influencer in your organization and sell to your management and your customers (internal or external)? These are the types of questions we’ll explore in this season of GBTA Ladders.
We will kick off the Summit at 1:00pm on Monday, May 14, and conclude by early afternoon on Wednesday, May 16. More information to come.
GBTA Ladders Summit Agenda
This event is by invitation only.
1 Year GBTA Allied Membership + Ladders Summit
1 Year GBTA Direct/Indirect Membership + Ladders Summit
All cancellation requests must be made in writing to GBTA at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund less a $75 administrative fee will be given for cancellations received on or before April 16, 2018. No refunds will be given after April 16, 2018. There are no refunds for "no shows.” Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
A GBTA attendee may transfer his/her registration to another eligible party if he/she is unable to attend. All substitution requests must be made in writing to GBTA at email@example.com and handled on the backend of the registration system.
The substitute is responsible for any and all financial arrangements between the original registrant and the substitute. The original registrant's registration may be refunded (less the $75 administrative fee) or transferred to the substitute. If the substitute is in a different member category than the original registrant additional fees may apply.
1300 S Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33130
GBTA's room block at the SLS Brickell is now sold out. Below is a list of alternative properties nearby - GBTA has not secured a block at these properties.
1395 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33131
Phone: (305) 503-6500
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown
Address: 50 SW 12th St, Miami, FL 33130
Phone: (305) 377-9400
Atton Brickell Miami
Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33129
Phone: (786) 600-2600
American Airlines Airfare Discount
Our loyal sponsor, American Airlines, is offering a 10% airfare discount for attendees traveling to the Summit.
The discount can be booked on-line at www.aa.com for AA/AE flights only, without a ticketing charge, allow at least 1 business hour for AA.com loading. Use the Authorization Number noted below without the preceding A as the AA.com Promotion Code. May not apply to some contracts.
Group Name: GBTA LADDERS SUMMIT
Authorization Number: A8358EE
Meeting Planners and members of the group, traveling together or individually to the event, should contact American Airlines Meeting Services Desk at 1-800-433-1790 for assistance with reservations and ticket purchase.
- Valid for percentage discount travel from all markets where American Airlines and American Eagle service and all OneWorld alliance partners (collectively "American Airlines") provide service. Travel is not valid on codeshare flights operated by Alaska Airlines, Cape Air, EL AL, Horizon Air, Interjet, Jetstar, Jetstar Japan, Seaborne Airlines and WestJet.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other discount.
- American Airlines must be the governing carrier.
- The use of American Airlines codeshare requires that one segment of the itinerary be on American Airlines metal.
- Itineraries involving any OneWorld or codeshare partner airline must be booked through our Meeting Services Department at 800-433-1790 or Travel Agency if calling from the US and Canada. International attendees should call their local American Airlines reservations number or Travel Agency with the Promotion code provided in the agreement.
- Discounts not valid on Zone fares.
Thank You to Our Sponsors