Here’s to all the road warriors out there – to the business traveler who woke up at 4am to catch an early morning departure, to the jet-lagged traveler struggling to adjust to a new time zone, and to the sleep-deprived traveler whose flight was delayed… again. Here’s to the traveler who nailed his pitch with precision and landed the client, to the recent graduate who explored a new destination for the first time, and to the doctor who traveled thousands of miles to perform life-saving surgeries.
Whether you’re a seasoned road warrior or a once-in-a-blue-moon business traveler, April is all about celebrating you. In honor of National Business Traveler Day on April 24, we’re using the month of April to recognize our country’s dedicated travelers, and we’d love for you to do the same. So, how can you participate?
GET SOCIAL: Now through the remainder of the month, take to social media to share your unique business travel tips and stories using #WeAreBizTravel. Tell us what business travel means to you. Is it a chance to meet clients face-to-face and get business done, an opportunity to connect with a new community, or just an excuse to binge-watch questionable reality TV shows?
If you need a bit of inspiration, here are a few questions to get the creative juices flowing:
- What is your favorite part of traveling for work?
- Tell us about the travel tip you swear by.
- What is your business travel guilty pleasure?
- Tell us about your first, best, most interesting, most embarrassing, or most productive business trip.
DAY IN THE LIFE: What does a day in the life of a business traveler look like? Share a quick snapshot or video of your day using #WeAreBizTravel.
TWEET THE DAY AWAY: Join our Twitter chat on Tuesday, April 23 for recommendations on how to improve the travel experience and how to alleviate pain points in business travel.
What Is a Twitter Chat?
A Twitter chat is a public conservation on Twitter centered on a unique topic or hashtag to connect people with similar interests, issues or questions. A group of users meet at a planned time to discuss a predetermined topic using a designated hashtag.
The host or moderator tweets a series of questions (designated with Q1, Q2, etc.) designed to facilitate conversation. Participants respond based on their personal experiences (using A1, A2, etc.) and have the opportunity to connect with like-minded professionals in the online space.
How Does It Work?
- Log in to Twitter before the chat starts at 2:00 p.m. ET and make sure to follow @GlobalBTA
- Every few minutes, we’ll tweet a new question from @GlobalBTA during the chat. To join the conversation, simply tweet a reply to the prompt, retweet or ask a question using our #GBTAchat hashtag
- To follow the conversation in real-time, enter the hashtag #GBTAchat into the search bar and sort tweets by “Latest”
SHAMELESS PLUG: Follow GBTA on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn as we share business travel-related comics, videos, and research statistics through the month. We’ll quantify the economic impact of business travel on our nation’s economy and share clips of leading industry executives as they answer the question, “What’s your favorite thing about business travel?”
QUESTIONS? Email [email protected].