GBTA Live and Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
The Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) is committed to providing a safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all participants and GBTA staff. Our goal is to foster a dynamic learning atmosphere for our participants that is positive, supportive, and harassment-free. All participants are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all GBTA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than GBTA but held in conjunction with GBTA events, on public or private platforms.
All participants should exercise respect and consideration for other participants in GBTA programming. Participants are expected to behave in accordance with professional standards, with both this Code of Conduct and, for non-GBTA employees, their own respective employer’s policies governing appropriate workplace behavior and applicable laws.
GBTA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including, but not limited to harassment based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, age, religion, national origin, or any other status protected by laws in the location in which the program is being held. If a program is held virtually, then all participants agree and acknowledge that the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, where GBTA holds its headquarters, will govern. If you experience harassment, or if you witness harassing conduct by someone else, GBTA asks that you inform Lisa Censullo at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language related to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations.
- Threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, GBTA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by GBTA throughout the live or virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any GBTA event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. GBTA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations, unless otherwise authorized by GBTA in writing.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room
activity that takes place in a live or virtual space without the expressed written consent of GBTA and those individuals being photographed.
- Posting any material that is protected by copyright or trademarks without the written permission of the owner of such intellectual property.
GBTA reserves the right to take any action that it, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems to be necessary and appropriate to address violations of this policy. Such actions may include, but are not limited to, the immediate removal of the person(s) violating this policy from the meeting at issue without warning or refund. For egregious conduct, GBTA reserves the right to prohibit attendance of violators at any future meeting irrespective of whether that meeting occurs virtually or in person.