Daily News Brief – August 11, 2020
GBTA Collaboratory 2020
GBTA Collaboratory 2020
The GBTA Collaboratory launched yesterday with an insightful discussion between GBTA Interim Executive Director, Dave Hilfman and President, Avrio Institute, Dr. Shawn DuBravac regarding the economics of the business travel recovery. The Collaboratory webinar series will continue over the next 10-weeks and will provide global perspectives, best practices, expert insight, and actionable takeaways to address the issues facing the business travel industry. Attendees of the series will experience strategic, informative, and solution-focused dialogue between panelists made up of business leaders, GBTA committees and volunteers, sponsors, and industry experts.
Mark Your Calendars!
- August 10 – 14: The Road to Recovery: Travel Industry Update
- August 24 – 28: Procurement / Sourcing: Buyer & Supplier Relationship
- August 31- September 4: Stakeholder Management: Travel Policy
- September 14 – 18: Virtual Payment and Touchless Travel Experience
COVID-19 Pandemic: Deaths Decline for First Time in Four Weeks in US (BUSINESS TODAY)
Arizona Reports Lower COVID-19 Numbers as Hospitalizations Continue 4 Weeks of Declines (AZ CENTRAL)
Hong Kong Reports 33 New Coronavirus Cases, in Sharp Decline from Recent Weeks (REUTERS)
More Helpful Articles/Links
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Dashboard – Updated frequently with new guidance documents and details
- COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Country (CDC)
- CDC Coronavirus Information
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Overview of TSA’s “Stay Healthy. Stay Secure.” Campaign
- “Stay Healthy. Stay Secure” Video
- What to Know Before You Go
- TSA Screening Checkpoint Numbers for 2019 and 2020
- TSA’s COVID-19 Webpage
- Runway to Recovery
- TSA Prepared for Summer Travelers with Updated Security Procedures
- COVID-19 Travel Regulations Map
- Reopening the Economy Under COVID-19 – Governing.com
- State Data and Policy Actions to Address Coronavirus – Kaiser Family Foundation
- Coronavirus Rumor Control – FEMA.gov
- Global Travel Restrictions, Flight Operations and Screening (Updated Daily) – International SOS
- GBTA Asks Congress to Pass Responsible Measures to Support Industry
GBTA Collaboratory 2020
Reflections from the Pandemic: A Buyer’s Perspective
August 12 | 11:00am EST
COVID-19 continues to change the landscape for corporate travel as there are new standards, policies, and procedures to consider and implement. This discussion featuring three global travel buyers is designed to educate the industry on their experiences and what it will take to move business travel forward. The discussion will focus on the current challenges travel buyers are facing along with recommendations on how GBTA assist on the road to recovery.
Made Possible by TripActions
New Albany, OH
The Business Manager is responsible for successfully managing the mutual goals of our clients. Manages the Business Plan and ensures accordance with our Agreement, which includes service levels. The Manager is ultimately accountable to ensure all wholly owned and franchise offices who service the account are fully trained to deliver on the expectations of the customer and engaged in fulfilling their individual obligations to ensure success in our delivery of all services to the customer.
Trending Industry News
Aviation Industry News
Lufthansa to Resume Flight Services to Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru (BUSINESS TRAVELLER)
Southwest Airlines Revises Face Covering Policy (MSN)
India’s Top Airline to Raise $534 Million to Combat Cash Drain (BLOOMBERG)
Singapore Airlines Updates Travel Waiver Policy (BUSINESS TRAVELLER)
Hospitality Industry News
How Hotels and Resorts Are Stepping Up Marketing as Travel Rebounds (4HOTELIERS)
Marriott’s Sorenson Believes “The Worst Is Now Behind Us” (TRAVEL WEEKLY)
Hotel Booking Platform Splitty Acquires Assets of Cancelon (PHOCUSWIRE)
More Industry News
Indians with Any Type of Valid Visa Can Travel to UAE (BUSINESS TRAVELLER)
GBTA Collaboratory Sponsorship Opportunities Available
Interested in sponsoring the GBTA Collaboratory 2020? Learn more by contacting us at [email protected].
Members Attend GBTA Collaboratory Sessions at No Cost!
If you aren’t already a GBTA Member, become one today and attend all Collaboratory webinars at no cost!
WorldAware Intelligence Brief
Canada – Heatwave Impacting Eastern Portions
Europe – Daily Rounds of Storms Containing Heavy Rain, Strong Winds, Develop Across West
Hong Kong SAR – Activists Call for Protests at Several Locations
United States – Officials in Washington, DC, Update Restrictions on Travelers
United States – Police Maintain Heightened Security Measures in Downtown Chicago, Ill.
United States – Officials in Maine to Continue Easing Restrictions Throughout August
Was this email forwarded to you? Please sign up to receive GBTA emails.
Global Business Travel Association
1101 King Street, Suite 500, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
phone: +1 703 684 0836 | web: gbta.org
Update your GBTA email preferences
Copyright © 2020, All rights reserved.