The Risk of Catching COVID-19 in a Hotel Room Is Very Low If It's Properly Cleaned, Experts Say
The Risk of Catching COVID-19 in a Hotel Room Is Very Low If It’s Properly Cleaned, Experts Say
Sharing beds, silverware, and showers with strangers during a pandemic is understandably scary. That makes staying overnight in a hotel a no-no for many people these days. But according to two experts, the risk of catching COVID-19 during a hotel stay is low — as long as the rooms have been thoroughly cleaned. Continue Reading >>
Utah’s New Coronavirus Cases, Hospitalizations Continue to Decline (THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE)
More Helpful Articles/Links
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Dashboard – Updated frequently with new guidance documents and details
- COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Country (CDC)
- CDC Coronavirus Information
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Overview of TSA’s “Stay Healthy. Stay Secure.” Campaign
- “Stay Healthy. Stay Secure” Video
- What to Know Before You Go
- TSA Screening Checkpoint Numbers for 2019 and 2020
- TSA’s COVID-19 Webpage
- Runway to Recovery
- TSA Prepared for Summer Travelers with Updated Security Procedures
- COVID-19 Travel Regulations Map
- Reopening the Economy Under COVID-19 – Governing.com
- State Data and Policy Actions to Address Coronavirus – Kaiser Family Foundation
- Coronavirus Rumor Control – FEMA.gov
- Global Travel Restrictions, Flight Operations and Screening (Updated Daily) – International SOS
- GBTA Asks Congress to Pass Responsible Measures to Support Industry
GBTA Collaboratory 2020
The GBTA Collaboratory launched this week with insightful discussions from different viewpoints regarding the path to the business travel industry’s recovery.
The GBTA Collaboratory webinar series will continue over the next 10 weeks and will provide global perspectives, best practices, expert insight, and actionable takeaways to address the issues facing the business travel industry. Attendees of the series will experience strategic, informative, and solution-focused dialogue between panelists made up of business leaders, GBTA committees and volunteers, sponsors, and industry experts.
Mark Your Calendars!
- August 24 – 28: Procurement / Sourcing: Buyer & Supplier Relationship
- August 31- September 4: Stakeholder Management: Travel Policy
- September 14 – 18: Virtual Payment and Touchless Travel Experience
Save the Date for the Next GBTA Canada Town Hall!
Wednesday, August 19
2:00 PM EST
Join us for our next GBTA Canada Town Hall Call, intended to share information, tools and resources to support our community through these difficult times.
Made Possible by Shangri-La Group
Gain direct access to a global set of specialized tools, resources, insight, and services designed specifically to address the demanding needs of business travel professionals like you.
Aviation Industry News
Qatar Airways to Resume Flights from Gatwick (BUSINESS TRAVELLER)
IATA Urges Coordinated Lifting of Europe’s Border Restrictions (TRAVEL WEEKLY)
Dubai Airport Is Now Using Dogs to Sniff Out COVID-19 (SIMPLE FLYING)
Munich Airport’s Network Is Growing Again – Currently 140 Non-Stop Destinations (TRAVEL DAILY NEWS)
More Industry News
Domestic Business Travel Continues to Trend Toward Recovery (HOSPITALITY NET)
GBTA member companies worldwide report an emerging willingness to permit employees to engage in domestic business travel, according to the latest poll conducted between August 5-9, 2020. Continue Reading >>
WorldAware Intelligence Brief
Was this email forwarded to you? Please sign up to receive GBTA emails.
Global Business Travel Association
1101 King Street, Suite 500, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
phone: +1 703 684 0836 | web: gbta.org
Update your GBTA email preferences
Copyright © 2020, All rights reserved.