Staying updated on the latest trends is crucial any industry, but especially so in the ever-evolving business travel space.
In 2017, over 160 industry speakers presented informative and engaging education sessions at Convention, ranging from the evolution of technology in travel programs to balancing traveler satisfaction with program compliance. Out of the 70+ business travel education sessions we held last year, here are the top 10:
- Airline Sourcing: It's More Than Contract Savings
- Tech Trends 2017
- Looking into 2018: Where Will Supplier Pricing Be?
- "The Hotel Procurement Game is Rigged" and How a Travel Manager Can Beat the Odds
- Five Forces that Will Change the Face of Travel and Travel Management
- Rapid Fire: Future of Distribution
- The Evolution of Technology in Travel Programs: What You Need to Know to Be Prepared
- Tackling Traveler Satisfaction: True Stories From Travel Managers
- Balancing Traveler Satisfaction With Program Compliance
- The New Science of Influence
Education has long been one of the highest rated reasons to attend Convention, and in order to reflect the shifting needs of our attendees, we unveiled a big change to our education session format this year. All sessions from Monday to Wednesday will now be 30 minutes in length. We also introduced a few new topic areas, including artificial intelligence/machine learning, passenger facilitation, and hot topics.
If you have ever wanted to play an active role in shaping Convention, there’s no better way to do so than to submit a proposal and lead an education session. Our highest-rated presenters have often challenged conventional wisdom and are willing to share real lessons based on their life experiences.
We are accepting proposals for GBTA Convention 2018 now through Friday, February 2. For more information on submitting a proposal and presenting an education session, watch this webinar or head to the Convention website.