Alexandria, VA – The Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) – the world’s largest business travel association and worldwide leader in education, research, networking and advocacy for the industry – today announced eight (8) newly elected members to its global Board of Directors. Results were shared today during GBTA’s Mid-Year Virtual Summit and Annual Business Meeting. The term of office for the newly elected Board members begins July 20, 2021.
Newly elected board officers, each elected for two-year terms:
- Denise Truso, CCTE, GTP Global Travel Manager PayPal, Inc. will serve as the new GBTA President.
- Mark Cuschieri, Executive Director, Global Head of Travel, UBS, will serve as the new GBTA Vice President.
The GBTA Direct Seat, Regional Canada, who will serve a two-year term:
- Sharlene Ketwaroo-Nanoo, Category Manager Travel & Events, Rogers Communications
The GBTA Direct Seat, Regional Europe, who will serve a three-year term:
- Jens Liltorp, CCTE, GLP Manager, Global Travel and Meetings LEO Pharma, Denmark
The GBTA Direct Seat, At-Large, who will serve a two-year term:
- Michelle (Mick) Lee, Managing Director, Head Corporate Services, Travel and Events BNY Mellon
The three (3) open GBTA Allied Seats At-Large, two of which will serve a three-year term and one of which will serve a two-year term:
- Alison Taylor, Chief Customer Officer American Airlines
- Will Pinnell, Vice President, Digital and Product Strategy BCD Travel
- Maria Chevalier, EVP, Customer Success PredictX
The President, GBTA Chapter President’s Council, who will serve a two-year term:
- Rosemary Maloney, Global Travel and Expense Lead for Sprinklr
“As an industry, we would like to congratulate these inspiring and talented business travel professionals for earning their seats on the GBTA Board of Directors. And as an Association, we’d like to celebrate and thank all of the candidates who vied for these positions,” said Suzanne Neufang, CEO GBTA. “The entire election process and preceding bylaw votes were a tremendous undertaking since the beginning of the year. GBTA would like to especially thank all volunteers involved and members for their engagement and commitment to the future success of the Association.”
“In this election, for the first time ever, both buyer and supplier members could vote for all seats. For the first time, we have global voting representation and officers placed on the new board. And for the first time, nearly 30% of eligible GBTA members cast a ballot in this election. These are amazing firsts that bode well for the future of our Association, and the members and constituencies whom GBTA serves,” said Neufang.
The 2021 election was conducted from June 21 to July 19, 2021. The election of the new Board members aligned to the May 2021 GBTA member-approved changes to the association bylaws which included composition of the GBTA Board, global representation and term lengths. Additionally, the new changes made all active members, from both buyer and supplier communities, eligible to vote for all new Board member seats.
To see the full current list of GBTA Board of Directors, visit here.