Alexandria, VA – It’s the best of both worlds when two chapters of the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) become one. The Northern Virginia Chapter of GBTA and the Baltimore/Washington Chapter of GBTA have merged to form one, unified chapter: the Greater DC Metro Chapter.
The new Greater DC Metro Chapter is a professional association of business travel industry professionals including travel directors, managers, and coordinators as well as travel related vendors and suppliers. The merged chapter will amplify the collective voice of the business travel industry and professionals in and around the Washington DC Beltway and beyond, providing the tools, information and networking opportunities required for effective business travel management.
The geographical scope of the new organization will encompass the District of Columbia, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, and Northern Virginia (which includes the cities of Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax plus many more) and covers all three Washington, DC airports – Ronald Reagan National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, and Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.
The currently 74-member chapter will provide a broader, more collaborative community for members and greater opportunity for high quality business travel education, as well as enhanced resources and greater value for members and sponsors alike.
The Board of Directors for the new Washington DC Metro Chapter are:
- President – David Thorne
- Vice President – Debbie Thomas
- Secretary – Sarah Mandell
- Treasurer – Candee Sherman
- Immediate Past President – Ron Kosmahl
- Director of Education – Debbie Thomas
- Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Carmen Smith
- Director of Sponsorship – Tonia Jacobson
- Directors of Membership – Erin Sterling and Kenzey Minnich
- Director of Technology – Angela Swoveland
- Director of Public Relations – Maria Cotto
- Director of Sites – Georgette Lake
- Government Liaison – Denise Lane
- Allied Members at Large – Kathy Foster and Carol Schrager
- Direct Member at Large – Dawn Spriggs Hall
The Northern Virginia Chapter was founded in 1988 and the Baltimore-Washington Chapter was founded in 1970.
More information on the chapter, membership, sponsorship and can be found here: https://gbta-greaterdcmetro.org/.