GBTA Sustainability Summit: Building a Greener Future for Business Travel
GBTA will be hosting its second global Sustainability Summit on building a greener future for business travel on June 13 in Washington, DC. This one-day, high-level event, will bring together experts, industry and policy leaders to outline concrete solutions to manage the environmental impact of business travel.
It will address key topics that require radical industry collaboration, such as the development of clean travel solutions, sharing of information and data, and empowerment of business travelers to select greener travel options.
This must-attend, interactive event will foster connections and exchange by providing a forum for frank discussions about challenges and opportunities to drive climate action in the business travel sector. The Sustainability Summit will also inform discussions at the GBTA Legislative Summit in the two days to follow, where attendees will advocate for policies that help finance and accelerate the green transition.
Who should attend?
- Corporate travel buyers working to integrate sustainability into their program
- Suppliers providing sustainable solutions for corporate travel programs
- Policymakers laying the groundwork for a sustainable travel ecosystem
- Civil society advocating for the next generation of sustainability solutions
This event builds upon GBTA’s inaugural Sustainability Summit, held in Brussels in November 2022. See event speakers, photos, and key takeaways here.
Bundle your registration with the Legislative Summit (Save up to 70%):
The Sustainability Summit will inform discussions at the GBTA Legislative Summit in the two days to follow, where attendees will advocate for policies that help finance and accelerate the green transition. Register to both events and save $100.
|Registration Type: Sustainability Summit Only, June 13||Open Until April 14, 2023||April 14, 2023 through On-site|
Save up to 70% on registration by signing up for both Legislative Summit (June 14-15) and Sustainability Summit (June 13).
|Bundle Registration: Sustainability and Legislative Summit, 13-15 June||Open Until April 14, 2023||April 14, 2023 through On-site|
• All cancellation requests must be made in writing to GBTA at [email protected]
• Cancellations are accepted until May 19, 2022.
• A full refund less a $75 administrative fee will be given for cancellations.
• No refunds will be given after May 19, 2022.
• There are no refunds for “no shows.”
• Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
• A GBTA attendee may transfer his/her registration to another eligible party if he/she is unable to attend.
• All substitution requests must be made in writing to GBTA at [email protected] and handled on the backend of the registration system.
• The substitute is responsible for any and all financial arrangements between the original registrant and the substitute.
Hotel and Venue
A room block has been secured at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center for the duration of the summit. Room accommodations can be secured through the reservation link or by calling the Reservations Department at 202-429-1700. Individuals must identify themselves as being with the group “GBTA Sustainability Summit “at the time the reservation is made to receive the special group rate.
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
1400 M St NW,
Washington, DC 20005
|Platinum Sponsor |
USD $ 20,000
|Gold Sponsor |
USD $ 12,500
USD $ 5,000
|New entrant* |
USD $ 2,500
|Complimentary supplier registrations||5||3||1||1|
|Complimentary buyer registrations (non-transferable)||8||4||2||2|
|Logo recognition on Summit website and marketing collateral||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Branding at the venue||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Sponsored address and video played on mainstage||2 mins address and |
60 sec video
|60 sec video|
|Banner ad to run on GBTA.org website||3 months||1 month|
|One Exhibit Tabletop Space||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Live interview at the event, promoted on GBTA social||✔||✔||Recorded virtual interview||Recorded virtual interview|
|Attendee registration list with name, title, company, email address (GDPR compliant)||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|One reserved table for sponsor and registered guests||✔||✔|
* New entrant price for companies smaller than 50 employees or NGOs (or 501c3) OR first-time exhibitor.
Brand awareness opportunities
Interested in learning more about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at GBTA Sustainability Summit 2023? Please fill out the form below.
Please return to this page for updates on speakers.
Ways to be greener while attending the Summit
Do you want to help make Sustainability Summit greener? Commit to the following green actions as part of your experience:
- Walk or take public transport to and from all GBTA programming
- Bring your own water bottle to all GBTA programming
- Separate your waste thoughtfully and use the correct bins
- Try an all-vegan or all-vegetarian meal during your trip to Washington, DC
Ways we are making our event greener
In 2022, GBTA calculated the carbon emissions of European Conference + Sustainability Summit in Brussels, and used this calculation to offset venue emissions and staff travel. GBTA purchased 75 tons of CO2e, mainly from the Bhadla Solar project in India, which installs a 70 MW solar power facility to harness the area’s famous sunshine. This project, chosen by Sustainability Summit participants, will export clean and renewable energy to the Indian national grid.
You can learn more about our efforts to green European Conference + Sustainability Summit in 2022 here.
Now that we have a benchmark, we can continue to measure and track our progress to reduce our environmental impact. With the help of our suppliers, vendors, and partners, GBTA is on a journey to make Sustainability Summit 2023 as green as possible.