The business of travel has brought the world within reach, with borders blurring and people intersecting in all corners of the globe. The momentum never stops as the business travel industry is evolving at an unprecedented rate. New technologies have emerged, transforming the face of the global travel program. New security risks have surfaced, which have proven to threaten the industry on a worldwide scale. In the face of all this, companies are constantly innovating to meet the changing needs of the industry.
On Sunday, August 4 starting at 9am, Media Day is back for its fifth year and will return once again to the GBTA Broadcast Studio. Nearly 30 companies will release their breaking news as part of the event from the GBTA Broadcast Studio in the Grand Concourse of Chicago’s McCormick Place.
Travel industry expert and GBTA Media Day anchor Monisa Cline will interview company executives in one-on-one live, on-camera interviews about their new products and announcements.
Press will have the opportunity to ask each participant questions following their interviews and at the end of each hour of programming or can also arrange one-on-one follow-up interviews throughout the week. Reporters who cannot make it in person can tune in via convention.gbta.org or our Facebook Live stream!
This year’s full Media Day schedule is as follows:
- PredictX – Simon Carmouche, Director of Product
- TripActions – Meagen Eisenberg, Chief Marketing Officer
- SAP Concur – Ralph Colunga, Business Operations
- Direct Travel – Darryl Hoover, Chief Technology Officer
- Sabre – Traci Mercer, SVP, Lodging, Ground & Sea for Sabre Travel Network
- U.S. Bank – Tory Passons, VP, Group Product Manager Corporate Payment Partnerships
- Fox World Travel – Sam Hilgendorf, Chief Information Officer
- Dinova – Alison Galik, President
- Airlines Reporting Corporation – Chuck Thackston, Managing Director, Data Science and Research
- American Express Global Business Travel – Michelle Dyer, Vice President, Risk & Compliance
- Conferma Pay – Lucy Koleva, Marketing Manager; Aurelie Krau, Festive Road
- Sleepbox – Mikhail Krymov, Co-founder, CEO
- Yapta – Valerie Layman, Chief Product and Services Officer
- Timeshifter – Mickey Beyer-Clausen, Co-founder & CEO
- Alaska Airlines – David Oppenheim, Vice President, Sales
- RoomIt by CWT – Peggy Studer, Vice President, Marketing
- TRIPBAM, Inc. – Steve Reynolds, Founder & CEO
- Deem – John F. Rizzo, CEO, President
- Riskline – Suzanne Sangiovese, Operations Manager – Americas
- Amadeus – Ilia Kostov, Senior Vice President Global TMCs and Americas Business Travel Agencies; Neil Geurin, Director of Distribution Strategy American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines – Bob Somers, Sr. Vice President – Global Sales
- Bridgestreet – Claire Barrie, Vice President of Sales
- WWStay – Rajeev Goswami, Co-Founder & CEO
- DataArt – Greg Abbott, SVP, Travel & Hospitality
- Ground Link – Liz Carisone, CEO
- Southwest – Dave Harvey, Vice President, Corporate Sales
- Lyft – TBD