Attend the largest gatherings of business travel professionals at GBTA events, online webinars, and education sessions close to home, in your region, and around the world.
Stay informed of the important news, issues, and policies that shape the business travel industry.
Access the world’s largest collection of business travel industry research, RFP templates, benchmarking tools and archived webinars.
Power your career with business travel education and certification to fuel recognition and career advancement. Education for every level within the business travel industry.
Increase your brand awareness and generate sales leads for your company through privileged access to the global $1.4 Trillion business travel industry.
Become a member, get involved and make the connections that keep you informed, propel your career and grow your business. View the leaders who are making a difference in business travel.
The Business of Travel is back. We are kicking off ‘season two’ of GBTA’s official podcast with today’s episode featuring three GBTA members sharing the top business travel trends to look out for in 2019 around sustainability, security and simple meetings.
Episode guests include:
Aurora Dawn Benton
Founder & CEO, Astrapto
GBTA Sustainability & Responsibility Committee Member
Erin L. Wilk
Global Security Travel Safety Manager & Interim Head of Internal Communications for Global Security, Facebook
GBTA Board Member
Charles de Gaspe Beaubien
President & CEO, Groupize
GBTA Meetings Committee Member
You can download and listen to The Business of Travel in iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play and your other favorite podcast directories. Be sure to subscribe to the show so you don't miss out!
At least 49 people were killed on Monday as a result of a Bangladeshi plane crash in cloudy weather, Reuters reports.
Our wintry month of March continues, with over 1,600 cancellations nationwide early this week due to another nor’easter storm, USA TODAY notes.
According to Bloomberg, there’s a fight brewing for control of Italy’s skies as bankrupt Alitalia struggles to survive. The carrier’s bankruptcy administrators are assessing offers from global carriers, with a deadline of April 30.
On episode two of GBTA’s new The Business of Travel podcast, we talk female business traveler safety. International SOS’ Wendy Stachowiak shares tips for female business travelers to stay safe and healthy on the road, as well as how companies can work to keep their female travelers safe.
InterContinental Hotels Group acquired a 51% stake in Regent Hotels for $39 million USD, Skift reports. The deal also enables IHG to buy the remaining 49% “in a phased manner from 2026”.
In other acquisition news, Buying Business Travel notes AccorHotels has been given the green light to acquire Mantra Group, which consists of of 127 properties and over 20,000 rooms across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and Hawaii.
4Hoteliers shares findings from a study that suggests travelers who book though online travel agencies stay longer and spend more during trips.
Upside Business Travel announced the launch of the first-ever National Business Traveler Day on April 24. GBTA is thrilled to partner on this initiative and recognize and appreciate business travelers nationwide.
According to Business Traveller, Dhaka, Singapore, Seoul, Hong Kong, and Tokyo are Asia’s most expensive cities for business travel.
Bloomberg reports United Airlines is considering adding a “Premium Economy” class to its domestic U.S. flights. Upgraded economy sections are “typically reserved for overseas markets”.
Tokyo’s Narita International Airport has been cleared to add a third runway and extend its operating hours, Business Traveller notes.
According to AINonline, landing and parking fees are set to rise at 14 international airports in Greece.