Maintain Your GTP® Recertification
To maintain your GTP® title, the recertification program is designed as a continuum of learning and professional development. Recertification helps you stay well-versed in concepts, technology, principles, and best practices shaping the industry. Areas of focus include: Strategic Business Planning, Travel Program Administration, Data Analytics, and Buyer/Supplier Relationships.
Brought to you by GBTA Academy
The GTP® Certification Program brings key benefits to recipients and the business travel industry as a whole. By going through the process of Recertification, recipients demonstrate their commitment to leadership and knowledge of the business travel industry.
- GBTA Members receive a special discount on their recertification fee (click here to join)
- Elevates your status and credibility as a knowledgeable professional in the business travel industry
- Helps you stay well-versed in concepts, technology, principles, and best practices shaping the business travel industry
- Recognition and career advancement
- Facilitate professional growth and development
Business travel industry
- Curating a body of knowledge for business travel professionals
- Measuring and maintaining industry knowledge in a valid and reliable way
- Elevating the status and credibility of professionals in the business travel industry
GBTA Members: $200.00
*Fees subject to Change
About Global Travel Professional® Certification
Completed and passed the GTP Certification exam from an accredited facility
To recertify as a Global Travel Professional® individuals must obtain at least 50 recertification credits within 3 years of the expiration date of your certification or demonstrate competency by successfully passing another GTP® examination.
GBTA Academy provides resources on Strategic Business Planning, Travel Program Administration, Data Analytics, and Buyer/Supplier Relationships. Candidates applying for GTP® recertification must track their own credits. GBTA staff does not keep a record of or tracks candidate credits.
GTP® recertification resources:
- GTP® Credits Outline
- Industry Webinars
- GBTA HUB – Members Only
- University Accredited Facilities
- Approved Providers
Earn GTP® Recertification Credits
Each recording equals one GTP® recertification credit.
Strategic Business Planning
Novel Coronavirus Update, 2020
Travel Program Administration
How Much Will Travel Cost in 2020?, 2019
If you have collected all 50 recertification credits within three years of the expiration date of your certification, visit the Recertification Portal. Be sure to attach all proof of completion documents for each credit.