GBTA WINiT Awards 2022 Celebrate the People Driving Positive
Change and Career Mobility for Women in the Travel Industry
Gala event in New York City honors industry volunteers who are giving back to others as achievers, innovators, change-makers, mentors and more.
Alexandria, VA (October 28, 2022) – GBTA WINiT – a program of the GBTA Foundation – and a wide cross-section of professionals from across the global travel industry gathered last night at the Westin New York Times Square for the GBTA WINiT 2022 Awards and Gala. The sold-out event recognized and celebrated the women, men, and companies who in 2022 continued to drive positive change for the career development, growth and advancement of women across the travel sector.
“Continuing to foster the careers and lives of women professionals in travel-related industries is core to the mission of WINiT. It is our honor to acknowledge the outstanding people and companies as nominated by their peers who have gone above and beyond in volunteering their time and efforts for the benefit of so many and, ultimately, for the future success of our industry,” said Michelle (Mick) Lee, Founder and Chair, GBTA WINiT.
Launched in 2019, the GBTA WINiT Awards Program consists of five award categories – Pinnacle Awards, Leadership Awards, Individual Awards, Company Achievement Awards, and Top 50 Women in Travel.
The GBTA WINiT Award winners for 2022 are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award | Dorothy Dowling, Principal, Introspect Strategic Advisory Services
- Outstanding Woman of the Year | Elaine Osgood, CEO, Atlas Travel & Technology
- Founder’s Award | Laura Smith, Executive Vice President, Global Sales, Marketing & Customer Experience, Hertz Corporation
- Volunteer of the Year | Gary Murakami, Vice President of Sales and Industry Relations, Teneo Hospitality
- Committee of the Year Award | One to One Mentoring Committee – Mary Ellen Hess, Executive Vice President, Business Development, CTM and Program Manager, Jane Pearsall, Director, Global Business Travel, BWH Hotel Group
- Male Ally of the Year | John Snyder, Chief Executive Officer and President, BCD Travel
- Most Innovative Trailblazer | Linda Jojo, Executive Vice President, Chief Customer Officer, United Airlines
- Rising Female Leader | Hansini Sharma, Practice Lead, Travel, Acquis Consulting
- Best Mentor or Coach – Female | Patricia Huska, Chief People Officer, American Express Global Business Travel
- Best Mentor or Coach – Male | Scott Jordan, Managing Director, New York Sales, Delta Air Lines
Company Achievement Awards
- Creating a Company Culture for Women to Advance and Succeed (three winners) | United Airlines, Marriott International, and Fragomen
Top 50 Women In Travel
- GBTA WINiT 2022 Top 50 winners | Previously announced by GBTA WINiT and can be found here.
With the exception of the Leadership Awards, nominations were submitted by WINiT members, business travel professionals from all sectors of the industry, and the WINiT Board and leadership. Evaluation committees made up of GBTA staff leaders and a WINiT Board member evaluated the nominees for each award category, with the nominee receiving the highest score named the winner. The Leadership Awards were selected by the WINiT leadership.
Visit here to learn more and how to get involved in GBTA WINiT.
About GBTA WINiT
# # #
GBTA WINiT is a network of global women and men who serve as catalysts to drive change by providing support and empowering women to take the next step in their careers. The GBTA WINiT Program aims to support gender equity in the business travel industry by helping women thrive and advance throughout the lifecycle of their careers. The core programs of GBTA WINiT include mentorship, education and development, and network and community. Visit here to learn more about GBTA WINiT.