Many corporations are now converging travel, procurement and meetings in their business strategy and operations. This shift requires a disciplined approach to developing, deploying and implementing a strategic meeting management program (SMMP). Strategic meeting management (SMM) is the management of enterprise-wide meeting and event processes to achieve measurable business objectives aligned with the organization’s strategic goals.
In this fundamental course taught by procurement, travel and meetings industry experts, you will learn how to articulate the benefits and components of SMM in a corporate environment. Participants will take away SMMP best practices and strategies on how to contain cost, mitigate risk, manage data, implement technology solutions, and ensure service quality. GTP holders will earn 14 GTP® Recertification credits.
Next Course: October 3, 10, 17 – 10:00AM – 12:30PM Eastern Time
Registration deadline is 9/21/23
- Introduce strategic meetings management
- Review key program components
- Establish partnership strategies
- Create a funding model
- Build a strategic meetings management business case
- Three (3) virtual sessions will be delivered via Zoom Meetings. Attendance is required for all sessions, plan to be on-camera and engaged in each session. Live sessions consist of application, discussion, and group activity work based on pre-work
- Up to one month prior to the first virtual session, participants receive calendar blocks and login details through Outlook and Zoom.
- Prior to each of the virtual sessions, participants receive pre-work to complete. This will take approximately 2 hours to complete. These will prepare the participant for each virtual session. Virtual session assignments and pre-work may be given at this time.
- Participants will be emailed an electronic Certification of Completion at the end of the course.
GBTA Members Get Better Pricing!
Not only do GBTA members get discounts on professional development like this one, but they also receive exclusive content, downloadable tools, access to the GBTA Hub and so much more. Join Now!