O maior encontro da indústria global de viagens de negócios aborda o que vem a seguir com foco em recuperação contínua, transformação, sustentabilidade, futuro do trabalho e DEI
San Diego, Califórnia – The global business travel industry is back and continues to move through recovery as evidenced by the robust attendance and levels of interest and insights at GBTA Convention 2022, held this week at the San Diego Convention Center.
The industry came together to “(Re)connect, (Re)Imagine, and (Re)Create,” with more than 4,600 registered attendees including 1,020 travel buyers from more than 50 countries, 550 buyer companies and 250+ exhibitors. Fueled by a return to business travel, the event attracted significant numbers of first-ever attendees and new companies attending the convention. The evolution of the global business travel industry, future of work, sustainability, and diversity, equity, and inclusion were prominent topics as the industry moves forward post-pandemic.
“I’m delighted that we have been able to bring the industry together at Convention to celebrate achievements, recognize our members and volunteers and build momentum for the future of business travel. Our industry is back after a few challenging years and the value of the networking, collaboration and learnings gained from being together in-person cannot be underestimated,” said Suzanne Neufang, CEO, GBTA. “And there’s more to look forward to with our other GBTA events coming up around the globe including in Mexico City in October, Brussels in November and Bangkok in December.”
There’s still an opportunity to access the best of the GBTA Convention 2022 on-demand. Non-attendees can sign up for Convenção GBTA Plus for on-demand viewing of the five Main Stage sessions, five Collaboratory Spotlights, and 15 education sessions.
Principais destaques da Convenção GBTA 2022:
- GBTA unveiled its nova marca on the Main Stage, including a new look and logo to represent the changes and future focus of the association. The new logo and tagline “Many Voices, One Purpose” represents the collective, global and diverse voices of GBTA’s members coming together to shape the future of the industry.
- GBTA hosted its first-ever Sustainability Pavilion and presented engaging Green Talks on key sustainability topics and featured sustainability experts in the Green Village exhibition space. A dozen chief sustainability officers from the industry’s largest supplier companies were among those educating, debating and networking. In addition to other “going greener” efforts, GBTA offset all carbon emissions from the Convention event and related staff travel for an estimated 835 metric tons.
- The event featured 300 speakers including 90 educational sessions to provide attendees with information, insights and learnings across a wide-ranging number of topics including “Managing Travel’s Carbon Footprint,” “The Workforce Revolution,” and “Accounting for Inclusion: DEI and Cultural Fit.”
- o WINiT por GBTA Summit, was a standing-room-only event which engaged, inspired and challenged industry professionals of all levels with the sole mission to positively ignite the careers and lives of women in travel-related industries.
Sessões do Palco Principal:
- Fotógrafo da National Geographic, Dewitt Jones, shared his vision of “celebrating what’s right with the world,” inspiring the audience with his photos and words to be open to possibilities and reframing problems into opportunities.
- A sessão Future of Work começou com o palestrante principal e estrategista de força de trabalho, Seth Mattison, exploring the war for talent and the importance of attracting, developing, and retaining talent. This was followed by a CEO panel including, Bob Jordan, CEO Southwest Airlines, Chrissy Taylor CEO and President, Enterprise Holdings and Scott Wayne, CEO Envoy, for a deeper discussion around changes and trends that are influencing how the travel industry supports employees and customers, and the opportunities projected for the future.
- Neufang informou sobre os dados-chave recém-lançados do GBTA Business Travel Index™ e a Previsão de Preços de 2023, juntamente com as principais tendências a serem observadas. Seguiu-se uma conversa ao pé da lareira com Roberto Isom, CEO, American Airlines.
- Cinthia Marshall, CEO, Dallas Mavericks, took to the stage for an engaging session – “Leading with Heart” – about her life and role as Senior Vice President of HR and Chief Diversity Officer at AT&T, her move to the Mavericks, her strategy for values-based leadership, and why putting people first matters the most.
- Dara Khosrowshahi, CEO, Uber, sentou-se com Gehan Colliander, Global Head of Travel, Boston Consulting Group, for a discussion on his leadership in transforming Uber’s financial strategy, corporate culture, social initiatives, vision for sustainability, and his priorities in future innovation.
- Palestra Sustentabilidade, Ryan Panchadsaram, Technical Advisor to the Chairman, Kleiner Perkins and co-author of Speed & Scale, discussed climate change and efforts to improve sustainability practices for the business travel industry focusing on what’s happening today and what’s on the horizon.
- JoeBen Bevirt, CEO, Joby Aviation explorou os rápidos avanços na inovação de transporte e como os avanços no compartilhamento de viagens aéreas podem beneficiar o futuro das viagens de negócios e viagens aéreas limpas. Isso foi seguido por insights da mais recente pesquisa da McKinsey em uma discussão com compradores seniores de viagens da Cisco, Bank of America e MGM (agora uma empresa da Amazon), enquanto eles compartilhavam suas opiniões sobre a recuperação de viagens específicas do setor, mudando as necessidades de viagens em um cenário cada vez mais ambiente híbrido e o que há de mais moderno em novas tecnologias e ferramentas no retorno às viagens.
Previsões, dados e insights do setor
- GBTA lançou seu mais recente GBTA Business Travel Index™ 2022-2026 (made possible by MasterCard) which revealed that although the global business travel industry continues its progress towards getting back to pre-pandemic spending levels of USD $1.4 trillion, recovery has hit some headwinds. Changes to macroeconomic conditions are impacting the timing, trajectory and pace of business travel’s recovery, both globally and by region, pushing the forecast for full recovery into 2026 instead of 2024 as previously forecasted. GBTA members can download the 2022 GBTA BTI* on the GBTA members-only hub. (The report is also available for purchase – reach out to [email protected] para mais detalhes.)
- oGBTA-CWT Global Business Travel Previsão 2023 showed global travel pricing increases are set to continue in 2022 and throughout 2023. Rising fuel prices, labor shortages, and inflationary pressures in raw material costs are the primary drivers of the expected price growth, according to the report, which uses anonymized data generated by CWT and GBTA, with publicly available industry information, and econometric and statistical modeling.
- Um novo estudo “A evolução da tecnologia do programa de viagens” from GBTA and FCM revealed the latest tech trends and how technology has impacted the travel manager’s role, the traveler experience, and the TMC business.
- Durante Dia da Mídia GBTA, 16 industry companies announced news and industry firsts, while the Estúdio de Transmissão GBTA and Podcast Booth hosted 70 executive interviews from some of the leading and most innovative companies in business travel and beyond. (You can also view Convention fotos aqui.)
Reconhecendo os contribuidores excepcionais do GBTA
GBTA nomeou seus vencedores de prêmios anuais:
- Prêmio de Membro Direto do Ano: Holly McTague, gerente sênior de viagens para a América do Norte, Halliburton
- Allied Member of the Year Award: Hank Benedetti, Global Head of Corporate Sales, American Airlines
- Prêmio do Presidente: Jenny Sabineu, Gerente de Serviços de Viagem, Salesforce
- Dave Hilfman Leadership Scholarship: Colleen Kearney, líder global de viagens corporativas, Raytheon Technologies
GBTA anuncia resultados eleitorais
Association bylaws up for review were approved and three newly elected Board members who will begin to serve immediately for a two-year term are:
- Assento direto, diretor geral: Barbara Rose, Americas Travel, líder de M&E, Ernst and Young
- Assento direto, diretor geral: Sue Spear, gerente de viagens e frota, Cengage Learning
- Allied Seat, Director-At-Large: Kevin Sullivan, Senior Director of Sales, Southwest Airlines
Próximas conferências e eventos globais do GBTA
GBTA Convention 2023 will be held August 13-16 in Dallas, Texas, and upcoming regional events in 2022 include:
Sobre a Global Business Travel Association
A Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) é a principal organização comercial de viagens de negócios e reuniões do mundo, com sede na área de Washington, DC, com operações em seis continentes. Os membros do GBTA gerenciam mais de $345 bilhões de despesas globais com viagens e reuniões de negócios anualmente. A GBTA oferece educação, eventos, pesquisa, advocacia e mídia de classe mundial para uma rede global crescente de mais de 28.000 profissionais de viagens e 125.000 contatos ativos. Visita http://gbta.org e siga-nos LinkedIn, Youtube, Twitter e Facebook.
# # #