Global Leadership Program (GLP) is the only educational initiative designed to provide cutting-edge business insights and immersive learning experiences. Business travel leaders will use the acquired knowledge to address industry challenges and identify new opportunities. Perfect for senior-level industry professionals, the GLP program allows participants to engage with a network of global peers and experts, interact with world-renown Cornell business professors, develop team-focused strategies for problem-solving, and earn recognition for your commitment and achievement to professional development.
The GLP Program offers a blended learning format with masters-level courses in Marketing, Management, Leadership and Finance. The 5-month program includes both synchronous and asynchronous online classes, peer discussions and an in-person workshop. On completion, participants will earn their Certificate of Professional Development and be eligible to take part in the Désignation BPL programme.
2023 Registration Closed
If you’ve already started your GLP Courses and would like information on completing the remaining courses or joining the 2023 GLP Designation cohort, please contact [email protected].
In Partnership with
Explore the GLP Certificate Program Curriculum
Program Schedule for the 2023 Cycle
Orientation: Leading in a VUCA World with General George Casey
April 14, 2023 11 AM – 1 PM ET (Synchronous Virtual)
To succeed today in our VUCA world, leader’s must possess the vision to see significant things about the future that aren’t readily apparent to others; the courage to act with conviction in the face of uncertainty and risk; the character to do the right thing in difficult times—and your character only gets tested in difficult times; and they must develop an offensive mindset where they opportunistically create the future they want through action. This will be the focus of the first session.
- Identify the impacts of and antidotes for volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity
- Identify the new and unique leadership characteristics needed for the VUCA world
- Match key leadership characteristics to your own strengths and weaknesses
- Determine the importance of character and leadership
- Develop skills to improve your personal prerequisites
Leadership: Building High-Performance Virtual Teams with Beta Mannix
April 26 – May 9, 2023 (Asynchronous Virtual)
Virtual teams present a unique set of challenges, but also a unique set of opportunities. You may be a team leader or team member: in this course we will review some common challenges and opportunities that face virtual teams and some suggested strategies for addressing those challenges and capitalizing on the opportunities. You will leave this course with the skills and tools necessary to develop a plan for addressing challenges and opportunities on your own virtual and remote teams.
- Assess the key opportunities and challenges facing your virtual team and reflect on how they have affected your team’s performance
- Perform diagnostics so that you can identify the area that’s most challenging for your team
- Design an intervention for your team so that you can address structural or coaching challenges
May 12, 2023 11:30am – 1:00pm EDT (Synchronous Virtual)
As a part of the GLP Certificate process, participants collaborate to learn from each other, develop their skills together and apply the learnings within the context of the Business Travel Industry. In the peer discussions, everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts, work together, and think critically.
Marketing: Digital Marketing and Consumer Journey with Helen Chun
May 18 – 19, 2023 In-Person, (in-person, Richmond, VA)
It is imperative that business travel professionals understand innovative, profitable and sustainable marketing strategies that utilize service design thinking. This session will focus on reimagining the guest experience for a post-COVID world with touch and technology, and encourage lively discussion on travel and hospitality cases.
- Craft a framework for service design thinking and experience management framework to apply them in diverse travel and hospitality industry contexts
- Apply the evolving customer journey view and Omni channel (digital and physical) strategies
- Learn from best integrated marketing communications strategies and why it is important to align with STP marketing (segmentation, targeting, and positioning decisions)
- Develop an understanding of effective service recovery strategies in building customer loyalty
Management: Navigating Power Relationships
June 7 – 20, 2023 (Asynchronous Virtual)
Leaders at every level need to be able to execute on their ideas. In virtually every case, this means that leaders need to be able to persuade others to join in this execution. In order to do so, understanding how to create and utilize power in an organization is critical.
In this course, students will focus on their personal relationship with power as well as how power works in their organization and social network.
- Assess how powerful you are within your professional circumstances
- Analyze what creates power and take stock of where power resides
- Analyze, enhance, and activate your network to achieve goals and improve your ability to exercise power
- Consider what constitutes responsible use of power and the limits of power
June 30, 2023 11:30am – 1:00pm EDT (Synchronous Virtual)
Finance: Participants may select from one of the following, to best meet the individuals experience, comfort level, and needs:
– Understanding Financial Statements with Steven Carvell & Scott Gibson
July 12-25, 2023 (Asynchronous Virtual)
- Understand the structure of the three principal financial statements: the income statement, the balance sheet, and the cash flow statement, and interpret the information found in these statements
- Identify online sources of financial information that can be used to conduct research on other publicly traded firms and industries
– Mastering the Time Value of Money with Steven Carvell & Scott Gibson
July 26 – August 8, 2023 (Asynchronous Virtual)
- Make planning decisions in the present, based on the accurate calculation of cash flow projections
- Use a cash-flow timeline to conceptualize time-value-of-money problems
- Use a financial calculator to solve time-value-of-money problems
- Calculate present and future values of payments, perpetuities, and annuities
- Use these concepts as a foundation for making capital investment decisions
– Trends in Fintech with Drew David Pascarella
July 5-18, 2023 (Asynchronous Virtual)
- Apply a framework of analysis to identify the opportunities for disruption within each of the five financial verticals
- Examine key trends in each vertical and identify the impacts they have on banks, FinTech companies and consumers
Wrap-up: Leading for Success with General George Casey
August 11, 2023 1:00PM – 4:00PM CDT (In-person, Dallas, TX)
Business travel professionals must expend their precious intellectual and emotional energy in the four areas that have the highest payoff for the organization—developing and articulating a clear vision and strategy; building their high-performing team; setting the internal and external conditions for success; and preparing the organization for success in the future.
Objectives – How to:
- Develop a clear articulation of what you are trying to accomplish
- Build the committed team to achieve your vision
- Set the conditions to achieve the vision
- Prepare the organization for success in the future.
How it Works
- Synchronous online classes and discussions require live participation via zoom
- Asynchronous online classes:
- Details are provided via email prior to the start date
- Participants have 2 weeks to complete the coursework
- Instructors provide online office hours for support
- Estimated 3-5 hours of effort per week
- In-person classes require live participation at the designated location
- Make-up classes will be provided in the asynchronous virtual format
Who Should Participate
- Leaders and executives in the business travel industry.
- Mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, and senior leaders. Learners may come from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGO, and governmental agencies.
- Individual contributors who aspire to a leadership role.
- Consultants supporting project-based teams
$2,995 Member Price
$3,495 Nonmember Price
$2,500 Member Price
$3,000 Nonmember Price
Certificate + Designation Bundle
$5,000 Member Price
$6,000 Nonmember Price
For individuals who have already begun their GLP journey, options will be provided to complete your required courses in 2023. Please contact [email protected] for details.
Désignation professionnelle de leadership mondial
After the completion of the GLP certificate, participants are eligible to take part in the Global Leadership Professional Designation. The GLP Designation is the pinnacle of achievement for business travel professionals.
This year-long program kicks off with an in-person meeting at GBTA Convention where participants meet with their cohort to begin to develop their solutions-based project. Your Cohort leader, Dr. Amanda Cecil CMP, is available for virtual consultations to provide feedback and assistance throughout the year. The program concludes with a presentation at the following GBTA Convention, where participants will finalize their projects.
Individuals who have completed previous GLP Courses in all four competencies as well as those completing the new GLP Certificate Program are eligible to participate.